Saturday 22 February 2014

DIY Ribbon/Trim Organiser

Hi everyone :) 
I decided to do a DIY on how I organise my trims and ribbons and twine simply because I'm such a ribbon hoarder. This DIY will also lead up to my next blog post (guess what it may be in the comments below!) x

Materials:
(Sorry I forgot to make a materials video)
  • Cardboard
  • Ribbon/Trim/Twine
  • Ribbon or lace for the boarder
  • Wooden rectangular box (I got mine from JapanMart)
  • Paint (I used a mint blue colour and a purple accent colour) and a paintbrush
  • Glue (I used tacky glue but you can just use PVA or superglue
  • Masking tape (if you want to add a colour accent)


Method:
  1. Paint your wooden box
  2. Masking tape around the top edge of your wooden box and inside the top edge.
  3. Using a different colour, apply paint on the edge of the wooden box.
  4. Once dried peel off the masking tape.
  5. Apply tacky glue near the top of your wooden box
  6. Measure around the top of the box with your decorative lace or ribbon and place it over the glue.
  7. Wait for it to dry and you're done!
Cardboard reels :)
How to make cardboard reels:
    1. Cut out a bunch of cardboard reels with a template
    2. Wrap your ribbon around the reels and masking tape the end to the reel.
I hope you guys liked this organisation idea :)

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment