Tuesday 27 January 2015

DIY Polaroid Photos and Decor

Hello everyone!
I love the look of polaroids but when I take them myself the photos never turn out great for me. I've been searching for a way to print out my own photos like polaroids for a while and I finally found a way to do it! This was surprisingly easy and I didn't use any fancy software. My polaroids came to 15cents each! Here's how I did it...
(Stay tuned for the end of the post for my how I display my polaroids)

(I made a video because it was taking me way too long making a photo collage)
  1. Go on picmonkey.com
  2. Click 'collage'
  3. Upload the photos you wish to turn into 'polaroids'
  4. For portrait polaroids: Select the first square deal layout and insert your photos
  5. Click the lock icon and change the size to 1800 x 1200 (which makes it 4 x 6 size)
  6. Pull down on the photos to make it like a polaroid (with the white space at the bottom)
  7. Adjust the spacing to your liking depending on how large you want your polaroids to be
  8. Save your polaroid
  9. For landscape polaroids: Select the first ducks in a row layout
  10. Rotate the page
  11. Click the lock icon and change the size to 1200 x 1800
  12. Insert your photos
  13. Adjust the spacing to your liking
  14. Save your polaroid
After that I simply put those files on a USB and brought that to Warehouse Stationery to print. It cost me 30 cents per 'photo' which had 2 polaroids on it. So each polaroid came to 15 cents!




Polaroid Display Decor


My hanging polaroid wall decor looks really tumblr and was super easy to make. Here's how :)


You will need:
  • Polaroid photos
  • Wooden clothes pegs
  • Twine
  • Thumb tacks
Measure 3 pieces of twine of the same length. Pin each side to the wall, leave some slack and pin the other end. Do this to all 2 pieces of string, placing them the same width apart. Peg your polaroid photos onto the string.


I hope you found this post helpful and give it a go. I switched up the layout of this post a bit and included a video. Tell me what you think of it :)

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment