Saturday 28 September 2013

DIY Lacey Socks ❤

Hi there!
Today I'll be showing you how to spice up your socks with a cute lace trim to give it a vintage feel. I love this DIY, it's super easy and it's even great for those who can't sew (like me).

Materials
  • Plain socks
  • Needle and thread
  • Lace ribbon or trim - I got these from a sewing/craft store. The trims were very affordable; $0.35/m for the cream and $1.30/m for the white lace. I made 5 PAIRS of socks (so 10 socks) with around 2.5m of trim.
  • Jar or something to stretch the sock with (I used a jar lantern)
  • Scissors
Method:
1. Slip a sock over the jar so that the edge is stretched over the jar. Because of this, you will get the ruffles (refer to 5th pic)
2. Start with the lace trim at the back of the sock. Tie off the thread.
3. Stab your needle into the fabrics from the front (towards the jar). Go over the edge with your needle and then back through the fabrics towards the jar. Then pull out your thread. (Or just use any stitch that will attach the lace to your sock).
4. Once you have finished simply snip off the extra lace.
5. Ta-da! There you have it! I love pairing these with high-top converse or boots.

Which do you like better? White or cream? Comment below!

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment