Saturday 9 November 2013

DIY Glitter Canvas Art

Hey guys! :)
Want to do up your walls without permanent paint? Canvasses are an easy, fun way to add pops of colour and personality to your room. I recently up-cycled some old canvasses I'd grown out of. But for this DIY you could just skip the first step and start with a brand new canvas.

Materials:

  • A canvas (I just used an old one but you could buy a blank canvas)
  • PVA glue or mod podge
  • White paint
  • Paint brush
  • Glitters of your choice (I made a mix of orange and pink glitter)
  • Hairspray or gloss

Method:
1. Paint your old canvas with a white base (or colour of your choice). TIP: Save paint by waiting for each layer to dry before applying the next layer. (You can skip this step if you've already got a blank canvas)
2. With a paint brush, apply your glue on your canvas, where you would like your glitter to go.
3. Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter on the glue and pat down gently with your fingers. (you can collect the excess glitter afterwards).
4. Clean up around your design with your paint.
5. Spray on some hairspray or apply gloss ensure that the glitter stays in place.

Ta-da! There you have it <3 I wasn't really original so I just did the word 'Hi.' on my canvas because I thought it expressed a lot of my personality. (sarcasm intended)

Stay tuned for another canvas DIY coming up!

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment