Friday 15 November 2013

DIY Chevron Canvas Art

Hey guys! :)
Here's part two to my canvas art room ideas. I'm currently working on my third canvas art idea. You could customize this chevron art to suit your style; you could make the pattern a range of colours, you could not do ombre and just do blue and white, or you could make it glitter chevron (see DIY Glitter Canvas Art).

Materials:

  • Plain canvas (I just used an old canvas that I'd painted roughly with white).
  • Paint (I used blue, white and yellow to get my mint colour)
  • Paintbrush
  • Masking tape
  • Hairspray
Method:
  1. Stick masking tape onto your canvas in a chevron pattern.
  2. Mix your colours together, start with a darker mixture.
  3. Apply your paint onto your first layer. You do not need the paint to dry, gently peel off the masking tape.
  4. I used that same chevron pattern strip and reused it for each layer of ombre so that the pattern would mostly stay the same.
  5. Stick your reused chevron masking tape strip further down. Mix more white into your original paint mixture, then peel off the masking tape. Repeat this step as many times as you need to, to fill up the canvas.
  6. Once dried, spray on some hairspray as a sealer.
Ta-da! There you have it :) A pretty little DIY. I hope you give it a try.

Bye for now,

1 comment :