Tuesday 29 October 2013

Pool Noodle Christmas Wreath

Hello everyone! :D
I know it's been a while and I haven't posted much but not to worry, I have 2 more posts on the way!
This project took me a while with hiding it from my parents (I want it to be a surprise), I had to work on it for half an hour at a time and then quickly stash it away.

Here's how I hid my wreath

This DIY project had lots of components to it :) So let's get started!

PART A- Fabric Rosettes

Materials:
  • 1/2m of each fabric in your colour scheme (I got 1m total fabric for $5 from LookSharp)
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue

To prepare my fabric I simply made a snip at the top 3cm across and tore it down. If you'd like a less frayed edge then you can cut it.

Method: (I hope you don't mind that I made a video)

Then simply superglue these to your wreath form or your noodle wreath.

PART B - Pool Noodle Wreath Form

Materials:
  • Pool noodle (you can get these from $3)
  • Fabric rosettes (see part A)
  • Duct tape
  • Hot glue
  • Scissors or a Knife

Method:
1. Using scissors or a knife, cut one end of the pool noodle at an angle.
2. Cut the other end of the pool noodle at an opposite angle so both ends match up. (I found it easier to use the cut off part as a template for the opposite angle)
3. Duct tape the ends together.
4. Glue the flower rosettes onto the wreath with hot glue.

Part C - Finishing Touches

Materials:
  • Bead string
  • Green fabric
  • Staples
  • Hot glue
  • Wide ribbon
  • Thick string or a shoelace
  • Fabric Scrap
Method (sorry I didn't include many photos):
1. Wrap your fabric around the rest of your wreath and roughly staple into place at the back of the wreath.
2. Apply hot glue under the stapled area so that your fabric is secured to your wreath.
3. Trim off any excess fabric.
4. Wrap a decorative bead string over the top of your fabric, gluing every fifth bead into place with hot glue.
5. Snip off the excess bead string.
6. Cut a small length of ribbon and glue onto your wreath (where you want attach your hanging part).
7. Make folds as seen in the photo below and glue into place. Wrap and glue a strip of ribbon around the middle of the bow.

8. Cut a long length of ribbon, fold in half, cut an upside down V into each end and glue to the bow. Then glue the bow onto your wreath.
9.Refer to the photo below - glue your thick string or shoelace in a loop onto the back of your wreath where you put your ribbon.
10. Cut a small piece of fabric or ribbon and glue over the top of the string.

Ta-da! There you have it! What did you think of my video tutorial for the rosettes? Comment :)

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment