Saturday 24 January 2015

Back to School Binder Organisation, School Essentials, Tips!

Hello everyone!
 I have recently received a few requests for a back to school binder organisation post so I thought I'd do this quick back to school post for before school starts. I was reluctant to share how I organise my binder because I thought it was kind of self-explanatory; but I thought in combination with my school essentials kit and starting school tips, it would be worthy to share :D

  • Binders: I started using binders for school last year and I was a total noob at the beginning. I bought all these lovely binders, from Kikki K and other shops because I did not realize I would go through THREE binders in one year. Binders get really gross after a while because you're carrying them around every day, putting them on the ground, they get rained on etc. So they're obviously going to break down really easily. My best advice with choosing a binder is to get a cheap but sturdy one (mine was $2.50 from The Warehouse). It doesn't matter how it looks because you can just decorate it if you'd like. I just stuck on a poster from a calendar because I'm lazy.
  • Document wallet/Binder folder: I like to have a folder that clips into my binder at the front of my binder to store my timetable (so it's the first thing I see) and any important documents (this is waterproof). If your school provides a weekly planner or exam mark tracker like mine did, that would be helpful to put in there too.
  • Refill: I see people around school carrying wads of refill. C'mon man, use your common sense, just get a little bit of refill and when that runs out top it up. I just wanted to mention that because I see people do that so often haha
  • Dividers: A pretty basic thing you probably need for your binder (if you use a large one) for various subjects. I don't separate mine into 'homework' tabs or anything because I feel like I don't really need to. The plastic dividers are usually more long lasting than the paper ones, the paper ones tend to rip out quite easily.
  • Homework tabs: [I forgot to take a photo of this] but I use mini post it notes as tabs to stick onto the top of pages that I have to complete for homework, or worksheets to fill out for homework. This makes it easier to find where my homework is and see how much I have to do just by looking at the top of my binder.
  • Clear pockets: I like to put at least one of these copysafe pockets into my binder. I always put one at the beginning of my binder for any essays I need to hand in, or any tests I've got back. It's handy to put in things that you need to reach for quickly and these are really affordable.
  • Portable File: Emptying out a bit of your binder regularly is essential if you use one so it doesn't become too heavy or messy. The best tip I can give you when it comes to emptying out your binder is to invest in a portable file (like in the photo). You can divide your subjects up into all those sections and empty your work into there.

My School Essentials Kit
I started making a school survival kit type pack last year and I found that this really came in handy - especially for after PE. Lots of these things probably aren't that necessary, but I feel like they make the struggle that is PE a little easier. I personally like to store this in my locker and pop it in my bag for the days that I do have PE (except i always keep deodorant and lip balm with me).

My school essentials kit consists of:
  • A travel sized hairbrush
  • Hand cream
  • BB cream (little blue container)
  • Sunscreen
  • Plasters
  • Lip balm
  • Blotting paper (I dab this over my face after PE to absorb any sweat or excess oils. People tend to look at me funny because they don't know what it is haha)
  • Mini perfume (actually a sample size perfume that I refill with my choice of perfume)
  • Mini mascara (not an essential but I thought it was cute so I popped it in there)

Quick Back to School Tips
  1. Get more sleep: for the days coming up to school, start trying to sleep earlier and wake up earlier to regulate your sleeping schedule.
  2. Tidy your room: declutter your workspace so you can stay organised and be ready for studying. I personally find it easier to study when my desk is tidier.
  3. Use your planner: use your planner consistently to note down anything; social events, homework, chores etc. Don't give up on using your planner! It's an amazing tool for managing your time.
  4. Make wise choices: make choices that benefit your learning at school e.g. if you feel like you need extra help in a subject sit near the front so you can stay focused. Also, try and build good relationships with your teachers :)
  5. Set good habits: a new school year is the perfect opportunity to start good habits to maintain throughout the year. e.g. having a solid homework session from 4-6pm after school, taking shorter breaks or even reading a bit instead of going on the internet every night.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and found some of my tips useful. I wish you all the best with going back to school :D

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment