Saturday 13 February 2016

Starting off the School Year Fresh + Free DIY Calendar Download

Hi everyone!
Since it's back to school season I thought I'd share some of my tips to starting off the school year fresh, getting organised and getting the most out of school. At the end of this post I'll includes photos and a link to a DIY wall calendar for this year to help you get organised.
Tips to Starting the School Year:
  1.  Be on time and stay organised in general. To do this I would HIGHLY recommend a planner where you can write all the homework assigned to you, meetings and extra-cirricular activities you may have. I find colour co-ordinating really helpful where I highlight my lunchtime meetings in yellow, afterschool or before school extra-cirriculars in pink and underline when homework is due in red. This is pretty pedantic because I'm always so busy (as above) but you can set up a system that suits you.
  2. Check your course outlines. To get an outline of what you'll be studying throughout the year I would highly recommend either buying or borrowing some textbooks for your subjects and having a flip through so you can get a rough idea of where you may need extra help/start studying earlier. 
  3. Participate in extra-cirricular activities. I know this is what the teachers tell everyone to do every year but this is honestly one of the most rewarding parts of school in my opinion. I ADORE getting involved and staying busy in various school groups because it helps me get involved in the wider community and allows me to meet new people and make new friends from all different year levels and schools. Without all the extra-cirriculars I have been involved in, I would not be as confident, extroverted and morally-strong of a person that I am today.
  4. "Be kind to one another." - Ellen Degeneres. I'm serious though. Be approachable and friendly to both your peers and your teachers. I don't understand why some people are just plain disrespectful towards teachers. Don't be that type of person that distracts others in class. I would encourage you to be the nerd who actually does their work because you only get one shot at a decent education. Don't take these privileges for granted when so many young girls and boys across the world aren't even given the right to an education.
  5. Find your study environment. Something I only started realising later on was how helpful a designated study environment would be! I found studying in the local library almost every day afterschool, especially leading up to the exam periods was particularly helpful because I was able to finish my homework before coming home and relaxing.

DIY Printable 2016 Wall Calendar


The website I found these from has a link to the printables at the end with 20 different styles of calendar printables. To make a yearly calendar with different styles like mine you need to print off some patterns in different months and alternate them. For example, printing off the metallic dots calendar for only March and November (so pages 3 and 11) and repeating this for the different styles that you want. Click here for the link to the printable.
I hope you guys really enjoyed this blog post. :) I have another usual crafty upcycling DIY coming your way in a week or so, so look forward to that.

Bye for now,


No comments :

Post a Comment