Friday 4 March 2016

DIY Picnic Basket Pet Bed | Upcycling Vintage Finds

Hey everyone!
I've always wanted to make a cute cat bed so I've been browsing around vintage stores for a while for inspiration for this project. I stumbled across this super cute picnic basket and upcycled it into this adorable cat/dog bed :D It was SO EASY and I think it goes with the shabby chic theme of my bedroom.
Here come the shameless photos of my cat Olive modelling hahaha. Yes, I acknowledge how this is moderately creepy.
You will need:
  • Twine
  • Small wooden pegs
  • Pillow inner
  • Pillowcase, bought or made yourself.
  • Picnic basket
  • Scrapbook paper and printables of your choice
Method:
  1. For the bunting: Cut a length of twine, thread it through the sides of the picnic basket lid and tie it in place.
  2. Cut out your pet's name out of scrapbooking paper or printables of your choice and peg it to the twine.
  3. For the padding/pillow: Either just cover a pillow with a pillowcase in a fabric of your choice. Or sew your own pillowcase - the envelope method is the easiest, it takes like 2 seconds lol.
  4. To do this, measure your fabric and flip it back side up. Overlap your fabric at the back of the pillow and sew along the open seams leaving the overlapped fabric as it is. Next I just superglued some velcro dots to the envelop opening at the back to open and close the pillow case. Check out this DIY for more detailed instructions.
  5. Lastly, stuff your pillow into the picnic basket and you've made a super comfortable bed for your pet!
I hope you guys thoroughly enjoyed photos of my cat haha and this craft. I've got a few more posts coming your way as well so stay tuned for that in the next couple of weeks!

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment