Wednesday 6 January 2016

My 2016 Goals/New Years Resolutions + DIY Memory Jar

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!
I hope you guys are already having an amazing year and I'm really excited for what's to come in 2016. I loved the memory jar that I made last year and looking through it and reflecting on moments at the end of 2015. If you guys would like to see my last years post on my resolutions and memory jar click here. Psst also do you like my new blog header/banner?

Pretty self explanatory but I used double sided tape to stick on the 'sparkle and shine' cut out. I double wrapped some thin ribbon, cut out and hole punched some scrapbooking paper and wrote 2016 in silver pen to make a tag.

My 2016 New Years Resolutions:
Disclaimer: I know a lot of people dislike New Years Resolutions because they want to constantly grow and develop throughout the year. But I feel like that's sort of a given and I take the new year as the perfect opportunity to set goals for myself.
  1. Experience life more spontaneously. I feel like many people these days have become quite consumed by digital media, with their phones constantly out and living life through this screen. I feel like I've started to become guilty to this. I'm going to try and limit my constant need to be capturing memories through photos but instead try and experience these moments first-hand.
  2. Volunteer for ten organisations. I really want to try and assist different organisations within the community by volunteering for ten different organisations. I really value giving my time and helping others through the use of volunteering so hopefully I can accomplish this goal.
  3. Step more outside of my comfort zone. I'm someone's who is always really happy in my own little bubble of comfort but hopefully I can make an active effort to try new things even if I'm not 100% comfortable with it.
  4. Be OK with not reaching expectations. As someone who sets very high standards for myself I often don't feel happy with not reaching this standards even if I have achieved to the best of my abilities. In 2016 I want to learn to set more realistic targets for myself and to be OK with not getting the best mark possible or not reaching my expectations as long as I have tried my best.
  5. Give myself 'me time'. I always tend to put all my priorities, other responsibilities and other people before myself because I've felt they're more important. However, this year I'm going to try and make an active effort to give myself more time to chill out and ~breathe~ (hopefully).
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post! I would love to read what your 2016 goals are or whether any of mine have inspired yours at all. I hope you had an amazing new years and let's welcome 2016 with a passionately positive spirit :)
Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment