Tuesday 22 December 2015

10 Holiday Ideas + Activities to do with Friends

Hello everyone!
I find that often when you don't make any plans or run out of ideas holidays can become boring and uneventful. Luckily for you, I've compiled together a lovely list of cool activities, places to explore and things to do around Auckland which I enjoy during the holidays.
#1: Food Markets
Often around Auckland City's Waterfront there are public food markets held that offer all sorts of amazing treats from food trucks. I always take a look around Facebook events to find upcoming markets, many of these are also often themed from different exotic cultures.
A market going on this holidays is Food Space in Silo Park on every Wednesday through summer from December 2nd. "Head to the beautiful waterfront location from 5pm each Wednesday to share delicious street food and cold drinks with the neighbourhood, meet a local and soak up the phenomenal entertainment." 

#2: Fun Activities for a Big Squad
I love to get out with a larger group of friends and go ice skating or play laser tag. Laser tag is such a competititve game that is intense but so much fun. Many of the Megazone laser tag branches also have activities other than laser tag too; such as Bumper Cars, Mini golf and an Arcade. Ice skating isn't for everyone so other ideas are to go bowling and play snooker/pool.
#3: Beach Day Out
Pretty self explanatory but you could hang out with a group of friends at the beach and go for a swim in the hot summer holidays to cool off. Make sure you check the weather report and I like going to a more secluded beach as well. 
#4: Craft Markets
One thing I like just as much as making crafts is buying craft supplies and craft shopping. Me and a friend got together to go to a pop up craft market by Crafternoon Tea which organise a bunch of other craft markets in Auckland. I loved seeing all the creative things other people had made too. This was one of the best days this holidays and we spent so much money but it was so worth it.
#5: Korean BBQ and Karaoke
For a more cultured experience a really fun day out with a group of my friends was when we went to Karaoke and a Korean BBQ Buffet restaurant afterwards. The best place for this awesome modern Korean experience is Auckland City as there are a few Korean BBQ restaurants there and 2 or 3 Karaoke Bars to choose from too.
#6: Picnic in the Park
This is a classic that I love to do every holidays, we had a Christmas themed picnic this year. Head out to your local park with a group of friends and a bunch of food to have fun chatting away. Activities I love to do are play Never Have I Ever, Charades and Articulate. Make sure you bring speakers and have a hilarious dance party in a public park too.
#7: Crafty Times with Friends
I love crafting (duh) and its even more fun with friends. You could search up on Pinterest some fun ideas to do together and you could end up with two super cute handmade items. I also love watching a movie or playing some music while making crafts at the same time.
#8: Thrift Shopping
One of my favourite things to do is go Op shopping with friends! It's so much fun looking for great unique items of clothing at affordable prices and little nick nacks to upcycle or decorate. My favourite place to go thrift shopping is in Onehunga, as there's a massive store called Savemart there and smaller stores in the main Onehunga area. Ponsonby is another great place with plenty of smaller second hand boutiques and designer op shops scattered up K road and on Ponsonby Road.
#9: Volunteer

If you have some spare time and want to help others in the community try your hand at volunteering! Some places you can even sign up for a few days in advance. My friend May and I decided to volunteer by gift wrapping in Sylvia Park a few times and it was so much fun, we met some great people and were able to collect donations to go towards Volunteering Auckland through this.
#10: Exploring a New Place
Choose a new suburb or place you've never really visited to explore with a few friends! A few years ago when I did this in Onehunga with some friends we discovered the most beautifully disorderly bookshop ever. Now whenever I go to Onehunga I always have to visit this special place.

I hope you guys found this blog post helpful if you're ever stuck on ideas of things to do this holidays. Shout out to my friends who've done all these activities with me before and thus given me the inspiration and content for this post <3

Bye for now,


No comments :

Post a Comment