Thursday 16 July 2015

DIY Sharpie Oxford Canvas Shoes

Hello everyone!
I've always wanted to do some creative sharpie crafts and whilst searching for inspiration I found a photo of some Oxford-style canvas shoes drawn on with sharpie. These also happen to be waterproof (I tested it out). There were no tutorials of how to re-create them so I thought I would share my own take with you.
This is what I came up with :)
You will need:
  • White canvas shoes
  • Twink (if you make any mistakes, this helped so much)
  • A pencil
  • Sharpie in fine or ultra fine tip

What to do:
  1. Use pencil to map out where you want to sharpie. Below is the photo inspiration so it's easier to see how to draw it.
  2. Go over the lines in Sharpie. I made most of my lines look stitched on.
  3. Draw little circles evenly spaced between the sectioned lines as shown in the photo. I also drew circles between the lines at the heel of the shoe.
  4. Draw on small zig-zag lines near the shoelace area.
  5. Mark out two small dots vertically spaced between the circles drawn. Also do this at the heel of the shoe.

I hope you give this DIY a go. I think these shoes look super cute for summer (which is a long way away here). Also, it was kind of hard to explain the steps on how to draw it but I hope you could visually just see.
Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment