Sunday 5 July 2015

DIY Gold Terracotta Cactus Pots

Hey everyone!
I recently re-potted my cactus from the terrarium tutorial into adorable DIY terracotta pots. These came out really cute so I thought I'd share my three designs with you. I went for a gold gradient/ombre pot, a polka dot pot, and a triangular pot.
 Materials:

  • Potting mix
  • Cacti or Succulents of your choice
  • Terracotta pots (I got these from Kings Plant Barn)
  • Spray paint (You have to be 18+ to purchase these so ask a parent)
  • Binder punch stickers
  • Masking Tape
  • Optional: Pebbles

Method:
For the Polka dot and Triangular Pots:
1. Tape down your desired shape with masking tape or binder stickers.
2. Stick masking tape down on all areas that you don't want painted (including the spaces between the polka dots). I also left a line at the top of the polka dot pot for a gold trim.
3. Spray everything.
4. Wait until dry and peel off your masking tape and stickers to reveal your lovely pot.

 For the gradient/ombre pot:
1. Lay your pot sideways on the floor. Spray on the paint lightly from a far distance.
2. Rotate the pot and repeat.
3. To make the ombre more concentrated, stand your pot up and spray onto the pot from the bottom. (see photo 2)
Lastly, pot your cactus like how you normally would.
Dig a trough in the middle of the potting mix, plant your plant (lol that pun).
Add pebbles if you like. You are done!

I hope you guys give this DIY a try. Anyone can do it, it's so easy.

 Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment