Sunday 10 May 2015

DIY Peony Flower Crepe Pinata


Hello everyone!
My 17th Birthday was last month and it was wonderful :) I threw a cute little party in a park for some of my closest friends. I thought I would share some DIYs I did for my party with you. :) I am splitting this DIY party series into a few posts.

 DIY PEONY PINATA

(Monique being super cute <3 )
You will need:
  • Paper lantern (you can get a range of sizes from the $2 shop, I got a 16 inch diameter one)
  • Crepe paper (from The Warehouse, I chose pink, white and gold)
  • String (to tie the lantern onto the tree)
  • Gluestick
  • Piece of paper
  • Tape
  • Fillings of your choice
Method:











  1. Leave your crepe paper folded once you take it out of the packet and cut a bit off the end
  2. Cut the top part into a petal shape
  3. Unroll this so you have a long chain of crepe paper in the desired shape
  4. Form your lantern using the directions given
  5. Use tape to stick down a piece of paper at the bottom of the lantern to cover the hole where the light bulb is meant to sit
  6. Tear off 4 petal pieces and glue them in a cross shape on the piece of paper at the botom of the lantern
  7. With more pieces of crepe petals gather the bottom so the petals form a ruffle and glue that over the top of the cross
  8. For the middle, scrunch crepe paper into little balls and glue them in the middle
  9. Using the chains of crepe petals apply glue to the straight edge, wrap them around the lantern and stick them into place around the middle you created
  10. Keep adding crepe petal chain layers with your gluestick. You can alternate colours.
  11. Once the whole lantern has been covered in crepe paper strips and the glue has dried, fluff up the layers with your fingers to add volume to the petal layers.
  12. Lastly, fill it with lollies and/or crepe paper confetti :)


Top tips: Make sure you attach the pinata with the string to a branch securely! Also, don't fill it up too much otherwise you could risk the lollies breaking through the pinata from the weight.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY. Look forward to my upcoming party post.

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment