Sunday 31 May 2015

Picnic Themed Party DIYs

Hello everyone!!
This is the second and final part to my party DIY series :) This post includes invitations, snacks, decorations and party activity ideas. My party theme was 'Picnic in the Park'. :) Another must-have for parties is music :) Bring some speakers along and have a dance party (I personally went for some jump jam songs because I'm as mature as a 5 year old). Here is a quick run down of things I prepared for my party.

Invitations: 
I bought a bunch of paper doilies and wrote the party details on the back of them. I think that although Facebook events pages are much quicker to create as party invitations, I've always enjoyed having a physical invitation. I also created a private events page on Facebook anyway and posted and photos of the location and updates so everyone knew what was happening on the day :)


Croissants with ham, lettuce and cheese

Classic Fairybread

Cupcakes

Pink Lemonade - Cranberry juice + lemonade. This was a hit!

We also had other snacks, pizza and cake

I made a super easy doily garland where I folded doilies in half and stapled them to a string.

Balloon Garland

 Streamers
Lanterns strung in trees

Tissue paper flowers

Little bubble tubes for everyone made adorable group photos

Pin the tail on the pug (made using http://www.blockposters.com/ and taping the pieces together. I used thumbtacks to stick the tails to the tree.)

Moustache straws (Cut out moustaches of your choice and hole punch it in the middle, thread it through a straw).

Articulate! A game where you get into team and alternate people describing to your group the thing on your slip of paper for them to guess. There is a time limit for every team and the group that guesses the most words correctly. I customised my own game of Articulate with funny objects, people on it.

Pinata (check out the DIY here)

I hope you guys enjoyed this wee series :) If you have any suggestions for upcoming DIYs or other blog posts feel free to contact me and I'll get around to it! I went for a bit of a different blog post style with this one.

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment