Thursday 2 April 2015

Packing Tips and Travel Essentials: Short Flights

Hello everyone!
I hope your holidays are going really well. I'm going to Sydney for a week with my friend Monica and our families and I'm super excited! The flight is only 3 hours long so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to give you some of my packing tips and travel essentials for short flights. (I'm only bringing a carry-on myself).

Packing Tips:
  1. Dresses are a great way to get a full outfit out of one piece of light-weight easy to pack clothing. They are also easy to dress up or down.
  2. Plan your outfits well beforehand, pack versatile pieces that can be swapped with others to create outfits that look different. e.g. I packed 3 tops and 2 shorts that can be alternated.
  3. Some essential pieces of clothing for me are stretchy pants (from Cotton on Body) that can be used a pajamas or as normal, going out pants and a cosy cardigan that can be worn on the plane or out and about.

4. In order to save space in your suitcase, roll up your clothes and pack them in like a jigsaw.
5. If you are buying a suitcase, try and get one with four wheels at the bottom. It makes it so much easier to roll the suitcase around at the airport.
6. If you are someone that forgets things easily write a list of what you need to pack and check it off so you don't miss anything out. I also find it really helpful to write a last-minute packing list e.g. chargers, water bottle, phone, camera
7. Make sure you also clear out a lot of your photos on your phone so you have plenty of storage for travel pics!
8. Begin packing at least a week before your flight and finish packing at least a few days before leaving. This will give you an opportunity to identify what you need and buy them well before your flight. This will minimize stress :)

Travel Essentials:


Helpful things to pack to make your short-haul flight and airport trip easier are:
  • A knit cardigan to snuggle up in
  • Stretchy pants (that are basically pajama bottoms publically acceptable to wear in public)
  • An empty water bottle (you can ask flight attendants to refill it on the plane so you don't have to keep asking for water)
  • A pack of tissues
  • Anti-bacterial wipes/hand sanitiser
  • Gum (especially if your ears pop during landing)
  • Snacks (nom nom)
  • Floss to freshen up
  • Chocolate (because chocolate=survival)
  • Headphones if you want to listen to our own music on your devices


Make-up and Beauty Essentials:
  • Favourite perfume (refilled in sample spray bottles)
  • Foundation or BB cream in a travel-friendly container
  • Hair ties, bobby pins and other accessories
  • Eyebrow pencil/product (a strong eyebrow game gives me life)
  • Travel sized mascara
  • Eyeshadow quad with neutral shades in small packaging
  • Fluffy versatile brush for eyeshadow application
  • Deodorant
  • Optional: I wear contacts now so I have a bottle of contact solution (under 100ml), my contacts case and a pair of spare contacts. 
[Do you want me to write a post on my experience with contacts? Let me know!] 

Other things you should pack are:
  • Sunglasses (check out how I made my sunglasses case here)
  • Sunscreen (depending on where you are going)
  • Extra reuseable shopping bag you can pop in your handbag for extra shopping or if you get sick of carrying your jumper/cardigan around
  • Hairbrush (I should've put this in essentials haha)
  • Lightweight small umbrella (this one is so cute and easy to carry around, it was from Kathmandu)
I hope these tips and essentials were helpful! If you have any post requests feel free to comment below. Also let me know if you like my photos in this, I switched cameras.

Bon Voyage!

No comments :

Post a Comment