Thursday 22 January 2015

DIY Cactus and Succulent Terrarium

Hello everyone!
Now that it's summer and nice and sunny I thought it would be the perfect time to make a terarium. These are really cute and easy to look after (you only have to water them once a week). You can also totally customise them to your liking with different shaped containers and different plants. I think bringing in living plants creates a fresher feeling to your space :)


What you need:
  • potting mix
  • selection of mini cacti and succulents
  • stones to decorate (I used white stones)
  • a vase (I like the fish bowl shape)
Method:

1. I cut off a bunch of succulents from my garden at home.
2. Fill a vase 1/4 of the way with potting mix. (about half the amount in the photo)
3. Depot the larger plants and plant them in the soil.
4. Use chopsticks or gloves to help plant the smaller plants to fill spaces.
5. Lastly, add in stones of your choice over the soil.


Leave the terrarium somewhere sunny and remember to water it once a week :)
I hope you enjoyed this blog post! I love my new terrarium  and I think it looks so cute!

Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment