Tuesday 24 November 2015

DIY Room Decor Presents for Guys

Hi everyone!
Recently it was my brother's birthday and I decided that his room needed a bit more sprucing up. I made a little 'room decor pack' to help make his room look nicer and help him stay more organised.
I'll be showing you how to make some super easy DIYs and show you what was inside this pack :)
You could use some of these ideas as gifts for male friends for Christmas of if you're a guy, to decorate your room on a budget yourself. 

DIY #1: Vinyl Wall Clock
I personally really like the look of this clock with the contrast between a vintage vinyl and the white metal clock hands.
  • Buy a vinyl, you can get these from thrift stops, I got mine from Real Groovy.
  • You can purchase analogue clock mechanisms online on ebay in a whole range of colours and styles. They actually work really well and this clock is still going strong after 1 month. I bought mine here.
  • Simply push the clock mechanism through the hole and fasten with the washer at the back of the clock. Put in the battery and the clock should work.
DIY #2: Desk Whiteboard
The glass works excellent as a white board; you can easily wipe away whiteboard markers. I also love how you can change up the background with different prints and styles throughout the year.
  • I got the grid paper print from Typo, you can't quite see in the photo but it's got some faux marks on the paper to make it look more vintage.
  • Simply buy a photo frame, A4 is the perfect size for a whiteboard for your desk.
  • Use the backing to trace around the paper of your choice and cut it out.
  • Simply insert the paper into the frame and use a white board marker! It's that easy!

DIY #3: Upcycle A Can
This is barely a DIY at all it's so easy but I thought I'd share a great way to upcycle any can to make it an industrial style pen holder.
  • Just make sure any label residue is removed and it has been well disinfected.
Other Bits and Pieces:
  • The gamer-style sarcasm loading notebook was from Typo and the gold foil and black pad perfect for jotting down to-do lists was from Kmart.
  • I bought these awesome square prints from Typo for 10 cents each on sale!! I love the look of these and we simply blu-tacked them up as wall decor.

I hope you guys liked this blog post even though they're all quite easy DIYs. I am wishing you all a wonderful holiday :)

Bye for now,


No comments :

Post a Comment