Tuesday 18 November 2014

DIY Pinecone Garland

Hey guys! Christmas is coming!! Brace yourselves. I had a burst of inspiration and decided to get into the festive Christmas spirit early as I will be away during most of December (in China whoo). But in saying that, I'm limiting my Christmas decorations this year so I can't promise many Christmas DIYs this year xx

Anyway,  this garland was incredibly easy and quick to make! So I'd urge you to give it a go :)
I strung the garland up across headboard and added some fairy lights


Materials:
  • Pinecones (I collected mine from a local park months ago)
  • Twine or string
  • Scissors
Note: You could always add other things like wrap tinsel around the string or tie small blows on the garland however I think I like this simple, rustic look better.

Method:
  1. Cut one 10-15cm length of string for every pinecone and tie a simple knot around the base of the pinecone (the part where the pinecone was attached to the branch).
  2. Grab the two remaining ends and tie them together twice.
  3. String a long piece of string through your pinecone loops you have created and space the pinecones out evenly.
  4. Carefully remove the string from both sides (starting from the middle middle) until you have a long piece of string around the loop of the middle pinecone.
  5. Tie a simple knot around this loop. This will secure the pinecones in place on the string so they don't move around or bunch together from the weight.
  6. Thread the remaining string through the pinecone loops on each side and tie a knot at each pinecone. Continue until you have finished tying knots around each pinecone loop :)

And there! You have your completed the pinecone garland :)

I hope you liked this DIY. :)

Bye for now,


No comments :

Post a Comment