Friday 23 May 2014

Hipster Starbucks Piggy Bank :)

Hello everyone!
Last week I made this lovely foral piggy bank out of a Starbucks frap cup :)

You can totally customize this DIY for this money box you could paint it different colours, keep it plain, add glitter etc.

I was really proud of myself for actually coming up with this idea because it's pretty difficult to find original ideas. For this blog I try to come up with my own DIYs and if I don't spark up any ideas I usually go on Pinterest and put twists on recipes or little projects :)

I love how this piggy bank can store coins and notes - you can put the coins in at the top and open up the lid to add notes. You also don't have to break it like traditional piggy banks, you just need to open the lid.


Things you probably need:

  • Clean Starbucks frappucino cup
  • Any decorations (I use paints, paper lace trim, sandpaper and a hot glue gun- for the paper trim)

For the decorations I used:
  1. Paint circles that look like pink clouds all over the cup
  2. With a smaller brush, add 3 red curved strokes in each flower
  3. Paint on another 3 curved strokes into each flower but in a lighter colour, I use white.
  4. Go back in with a medium colour and roughly swirl it into the middle of your flower to soften the curve petal details
  5. Moving on to the lid of the cup- paint it white, multiple light coats left to dry in between work best
  6. Repeat the flower method onto the top of the cup
  7. Sand the lid a bit for a more rustic, shabby chic look
  8. Finish off with some paper lace trim hot glued onto the cup
That is it! I hope you enjoyed this DIY and give it a go x
Bye for now,

No comments :

Post a Comment